6/21/10

A Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window…Noisy little league baseball practice at the diamond across the street...my least favorite noise. 
I am thinking…about Tim's job and that he might get laid off soon. Trying not to think about this...
I am thankful for…My family (as in husband and children). No matter what situation we are in, we are always together, always loving each other, always supporting each other. 
From the Learning Rooms … Finishing up our math and going through all the history books we just got for FREE! Feeling blessed in this area. 
From the kitchen…I am going to try this recipe that I found for a Greek Chickpea soup. Making bread today and washing the old Atlas canning jars I found at the thrift store. 
I am wearing…grey exercise pants and black tank.  
I am creating…a clean office! I've got my boxes upon boxes emptied, and now I just have to get rid of some old books to make room for the new ones. 
I am going…to Texas in three weeks! WOOHOO! I'm so excited to be going with such great ladies and really looking forward to a week away to just be Monica, not wife or mother. It will be refreshing and fun. I'm worried about money though...as usual. Wondering if I should really go because I'm unsure about Tim's employment. 
I am currently reading…Hidden Prophecies in the Song of Moses and still reading The Screwtape Letters. READ THIS BOOK! It's so good. 
I am hoping…that I can remain motivated in MANY areas of my life.
I am hearing…construction on the water tower by our house and men swearing at each other in Spanish, as well as kids screaming at baseball practice. Time for some music. 

On my mind…So much. Am I dying to self? Really? 
Noticing that…Life is consuming.

Around the house…Books to be put in their places. The coffee table is full of new learning books. 
One of my favorite things…Coffee with girlfriends. I need a coffee date. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...Starting summer school. Finishing Screwtape. Organizing the rest of the office and cleaning out bathroom cupboards. Putting away winter clothes. Hanging curtains in the boys room. Making a menu for Tim and prepping foods for when I am gone. 

A picture thought to share...

Father's Day

I love this pic! My husband is so funny and just awesome. I am so glad he liked the shofar we got him and the new bath robe. I'd say he's looking like an Israelite! He would have looked more like it if he still had the full beard. 


1 comment:

  1. LOL - I love the pic! I am sooooo sorry I missed this post, I would love a coffee date, and I would have liked to prayed about this "work" thing....please forgive me!

    Steve put in for a job in Petosky....just a FYI...and MAY YHVH will be done!

    I love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...