6/11/10

My Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window… It's raining on the freshly mowed lawn and there are no diners at the bird feeders this morning.
I am thinking…about my dreams...how much money CAN one make in a year...and could we possibly move out of the states?
I am thankful for… My husband who works his butt off so we can have the things we have.
From the Learning Rooms … Still enjoying the first bit of summer, and Monday we start our summer schooling. Math, writing, and reading and studying a book called Material World (this is our social studies as well as a guide for prayer for different people groups throughout the world)
From the kitchen…A mess...last night we celebrated Gavin's 8th birthday and we didn't even do the dishes...I've got a lot of apples I need to use up, so maybe some apple crisp or crockpot applesauce.
I am wearing…a black and white long skirt as a dress and a black cardigan. My basic hangin' around the house clothes :) Barefoot as usual.
I am creating…I am painting chairs and redoing their seat covers. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
I am going…to my volunteer job at the pregnancy center today.
I am currently reading…C.S.Lewis- The Screwtape Letters
I am hoping…That my son Isaac is safe on his first missions trip in a few weeks.
I am hearing…cars driving by, clock ticking, and the sound of silent children still sleeping...aaaahhhhhh...
On my mind…So much. Will we make enough money this year? Will I be able to get re-organized- back to the way things were before I got sick this past year? Will I be able to order my day better than I have been?
Noticing that…I have organization on my mind...
Around the house…things need to be organized :) Liking my new pillows and curtains in the living room. I needed something to spruce up the old futon that replaced my broken couch...it's a little better...still not great. But at least I can close the curtains at night and have a little privacy.
One of my favorite things…Sabbath day. Resting and reading and writing and discovering the insights God has for me. This Sabbath we are having family and friends over for cake and ice cream, but I still hope it is relaxing. 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Well, the week is nearly over, thankfully. Next week- Dentist, organizing the house, cleaning out the "office", washing windows, and re-organizing the chore list and schedule. 



1 comment:

  1. You sound more organized that I have been lately....I have often thought about moving again, but right now that is not where Yah wants me and legally I can't move from the states. Just yet....
    I miss you and I pray to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...