11/17/10

My to do list

Today I get to buy raw honey...I am pleased. 

I will sprout more mung beans, as these have become my most favorite food lately. 

I will sweep the wood floors throughout the house. We must all shed a lot of skin and hair...it's everywhere. 

I will clean my bedroom, which I totally despise doing. I will clean it and organize the closet. An act of dying to self :-)

I will paint the rest of my dining room trim white. Purple just didn't go. I thought purple went with everything...silly me. 

I will drink the kombucha that I brewed...no sense in brewing it if I'm not going to drink it. 
(which reminds me...I need fresh ginger to make ginger kombucha)

I will make the corn pie that I have been meaning to make. Something about making pie crusts...you think it is this huge daunting task, but then you start doing it and remember that it's simple and quick. I forget this often...

I will fix my husbands button hole he has been complaining about. I will learn that a safety pin is not fixing something...it is merely a temporary solution.

I will finish reading Ezekiel. I am afraid of this. It gives me nightmares. I have the worst dreams when I read it before bed. I dreamed about a man living in a pig barn, sitting in a corner filled with cat dung, and he would grab worms from the pit of the dung pile for his food. When he would squeeze them, they were filled with worms. Worms within worms...filth within filth. I dreamed about a small Chinese girl who was being sold to men, and when I arrived to save her, she had been lit on fire. In these dreams I can not do anything to stop the evil that is taking place. I could only comfort the girl and give her hope, but I could not stop the filth from happening. The man in the pig pen...filth within filth...it is the way of the world. No one cares, and I can't stop it. It's disheartening. These dreams have been haunting me all week.

I will pray more. Pray for that faceless, nameless Chinese girl. I know she represents multitudes of little girls and women all over the world that have been sold into the sex trade industry. They are broken and lost and without hope. I will pray that someone comes along to give them hope.

I will stop being so critical, of myself and others. Satan wants to kill and destroy. Destroy relationships, and I won't have any part of it, any more. I am called to love and we are called to have unity with one another. I will  recognize criticism when it rears its ugly head, and I will rebuke it and I will NOT walk in it any longer. 

And I will make bread. It's a simple task that yields so much fruit. My family feels loved when I bake bread. So,  I will knead my dough and pray. I will wait patiently for it to rise. I will knead it again and pray. I will shape it and form it and cover it softly with cloth. I will wait for it to rise again. Then, I will place it in warmth and watch it take it's true form. Then we will break bread together. 

 I know theres a sermon in there someplace...




4 comments:

  1. I love your to do list....I love the heart and meaning behind it....I love you sister and I so thankful you are just down the road....I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love YOU!

    Reading back over my list, it is all stuff I've put off...not one thing on the list is something I just decided I had to do...it's ALL procrastinated necessities. I'm adding one more to my list...deal with my issue of procrastination. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list. Hope it went well. Question: what are your favorite ways to eat mung beans? I've got some sprouting right now, but last time I sprouted some no one liked them. I think I mixed them in with a stir-fry. It's been awhile.

    ~K~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed your comment Daisy! Well, I like just simple sprouted mung beans. They are yummy to munch on. I am new to them, so haven't tried a lot of recipes. I like a peanut butter sandwich with some sprouts on it :~) I know it sounds gross, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...