11/3/10

How Long is Forever? A repost.

I am reposting this because it is so important and I don't want it to go unnoticed in the archives. :-)

Forever, always, everlasting, eternal...These are the words that I see when I read scripture referring to Yahweh's commandments and His ordinances, which used to confuse me when I believed that the law was done away with. However, I emptied my cup that was full of other people's doctrine and I then started delving into scripture and praying that God would reveal the truth to me. I had received the love of truth and God made good on His promises to give to those that asked. My eyes were opened and for the first time I saw the truth. I see the veil being lifted all over the world and things, that at one time caused confusion, are now beginning to make sense. I only hope that I can show some of that truth with this blog and that people take the time to seek the truth out for themselves. Not in another man's teachings, but in the Word of God and through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore you shall love the Lord your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments ALWAYS. ~Deuteronomy 11:1

Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is Yahweh, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy FOR A THOUSAND GENERATIONS  with those who love Him and keep His commandments. ~Deuteronomy 7:9

Regarding the Feasts of God-

You shall eat neither parched bread no parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever thrioughout your generations in all your dwellings. (Firstfruits) ~ Leviticus 23:14

You shall keep it as a feast to the Lord for seven days in the year. It shall be a statute FOREVER in your generations. You shall celebrate it in the seventh month. (Tabernacles) ~Leviticus 23:41

Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear me and ALWAYS keep all of My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children FOREVER.~ Deuteronomy 5:29

Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children FOREVER, when you do what is good and right in the sight of Yahweh your Elohim.~Deuteronomy 12:28

The secret things belong to Yahweh our Elohim, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children FOREVER, that we may do all the words of this law. ~ Deuteronomy 29:29

It is an interesting fact, that the LAST verses in the LAST book of the Old Testament, before the blank page that separates the Old from the New, are this:

Malachi 4:4-6~
REMEMBER THE LAW OF MOSES, my servant, which I commanded him in Horeb for ALL ISRAEL, with the statutes and judgments. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.

This is right before the "new" covenant starts, in which the "law" has supposedly been done away with. Why would the last words of God's spokesman, Malachi, be "REMEMBER the law of Moses", if it was just going to be done away with on the very next page?

The new covenant is spoken about prophetically in Jeremiah 31:33- "But this is the covenant that I will make with the HOUSE OF ISRAEL after those days, says the Lord: I will put MY LAW in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God and they shall be My people."

Ezekiel also points to this new covenant in 36:27"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep my judgments and do them"

So, God promises to give us His Spirit, and that Spirit will guide us into walking in His statutes and doing His commandments.

The Old Testament ends with God telling his people to REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS.

Then Yahshua comes and does away with the law...NO!

"Do NOT think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, one jot or one tittle will by NO MEANS PASS FROM THE LAW UNTIL ALL IS FULFILLED." Matthew 5:17-18

Have heaven and earth passed away? NO! Then ALL is not yet fulfilled, and the law remains.

If the word of God is true, and the word says the commandments are everlasting, and Yahshua says that the law has NOT been destroyed, and that it will remain until ALL is fulfilled, WHY do we insist upon saying it was done away with?

More from Yahshua: "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?" ~Matthew 15:3

Yahshua quoting Isaiah: "These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men" ~Matthew 15:8-9

Yahshua again answering a question about how to have eternal life: "Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. BUT if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." ~Matthew 19:17

And finally in Revelation, which is prophecy that has yet to come: "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Yahshua the Messiah."~Revelation 12:17

And again in Revelation 14:12~ "Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Yahshua."

In the end the dragon is going to make war with the people that keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Yahshua. If you have one without the other, he is not concerned with you.

This is yet to come! The commandments are eternal! God is pleased with those that keep them. So much so that He calls them saints in the end.

The Covenant terms for Israel have never changed. That's what God's word says. He says they are everlasting, forever, always, throughout all our generations. The prophesy about the new covenant says that the terms remain the same...you want to be my people? Walk in my ways. In the end times, those that keep the commandments are called saints.

Could the word be wrong? Is it not truth? Are we walking in truth?

He seeks those that worship in spirit and in truth and truth is an absolute. God is a God of absolutes. When everything else in this world relies on feelings, emotions, and subjective experiences, we can trust that the word is absolute. God is absolute. Love is absolute. Truth is absolute.

Thank you, Father for your absolute wisdom and your unfailing love. Have mercy where mercy is due, and give grace as well. Love us like you did ancient Israel, who were stiff-necked and stubborn, yet you did not destroy them. Teach us your ways and lead us into life everlasting. Open our eyes that we may see, and give us ears to hear. Teach us to love the way You intended us to; Love for our fellow humans and Love for You. Father, you are the same yesterday, today and forever. I thank you that you are the one constant I can always rely on. Thank you for your Spirit that will guide us into your ways and teach us all that we need to know. Keep us in your loving, forgiving, arms during trying times, and teach us to not forget you when times are easy. Father, may we bless you in our actions, words,and thoughts. May we be ever mindful of how we are blessing you, instead of always wanting to be blessed. Keep us humble enough to admit our sins when we first commit them, and humble enough to always return to you quickly, never lingering in condemnation. Uphold my steps in Your paths, that I may not slip. Thank you, Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...