9/24/11

You Have No Life? This IS Your Life.

Note to self: Do not venture into the arena of "parenting blogs". You will eventually run into a horrible post about how the mom can't wait to "get rid of her kids". This is usually made in reference to school starting. Or you might run into a comment on said blog post from another mom who might say something like this:

"When my life is out of balance (it’s all about kids or husband’s work, no alone time), I feel like I have no life…and in those moments I marvel, 'I gave up my freedom for this? Willingly?! I’m a reasonably smart person…how was I duped by the fantasy? What was I thinking???'" (actual comment from an actual mom on an actual "parenting blog".

Do I think I am super mom? No. Do I have moments when I want to run out of the house screaming? Yes. Do I sit and cry in my bedroom instead of scream at my kid for doing the same thing I've told him 500,891 times not to do? Yes, indeed. Would I give this up for anything in the world? NO. I would do it over and over and over again until all of my selfish "I want, I need, I deserve" feelings are GONE. Is this life about dying to self or not? Is this life about serving others or not? When we can't even serve our family happily, what is wrong with us!? Gave up MY freedom???? I would gladly give up my freedom for another life. I would gladly choose to go through those sleepless nights again. I would gladly give anything for the chance to have another baby.

You feel like you have no life? At some point mom's need to understand that THIS IS YOUR LIFE. Your life now consists of training up children into responsible, loving, God-fearing people who love to SERVE. If we are always complaining about our life as a mom and how we have to serve everyone and no one ever serves us and we never get time alone and we never blah blah blah blah...then how in the world do we expect our children to grow into people that LOVE to serve others? Especially when their model can't even serve their own family without complaining about how awful it is.

Love your children. Love your husbands. Love your life. Serve with all your heart. Serve until you can't serve any more and then serve some more. Give and give and give without ever expecting to be given anything in return and then you will find that you have discovered the greatest gift of all. A heart for others and a dying "self".

3 comments:

  1. A very good post Monica! I have my days where I do feel like I have no life, and when I sit down to consider what I would rather be doing, I realize THIS is what I want to do! These little ones are blessings and I get to be their mommy!

    I could go for a little more sleep but, I can live with out it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED! I can't believe how many people shake their heads, widen their eyes, or produce a low whistle when they find out we have "that many" kids and that I homeschool! I must be "crazy," right? That's what they all say. I wouldn't trade this for anything, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post on "self" :)
    My children are my life too, and I would never imagine having it any other way, even when they don't want to be around me, I still love them with all my heart :)
    Thank you for your encouraging post
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...